|This article, like all articles in the Dev namespace can only be edited by LTSP developers.|
After a quick discussion on coding styles, here's what we've currently got for consensus:
- Shell scripts should be fully posix compliant.
- We will favour the use of if [ ]; then else fi, over && and ||, for clarity
- When using a multi check if, exception will be using the
if [ .. ] && [ .. ] || [ .. ] form, as opposed to [ .. -a .. -o .. ] form.
- If a single line test is used, use test <conditional> &&/|| result, and only for tests that fit on a single line.
- We'll use spaces instead of tabs, and the indentation level will be 4 spaces, the same as python.
- Programs should be passed through the "indent" program periodically to clean them up.
- The following indent command line should be used:
indent -kr -i4 -nut -c50 -psl
- K&R style (Scott's a greybeard)
- 4 character tab width, and spaces instead of tabs
- Align inline comments on column 50
- A newline after function definitions